Why Enterprise Content Management?
The quest for the mythical paperless office
What is Enterprise Content Management?
There are many different “types” of ECM solutions flying around the web. You may read about “Collaboration”, “Web Content”, etc. The main piece we focus is where the rubber meets the road:
- Transactional Content Management (Examples would be managing all accounts payable, accounts receivable and human resources documents)
- Sounds fancy, huh…don’t worry! It’s easy and we’ve been there, done that and got the t-shirt!
Why Do I Need Enterprise Content Management?
Ask yourself the following questions. If you answer “yes” to any of them, we can help.
- Do you print and store too much paper?
- Are you constantly having to search and/or reprint lost documents?
- Is the number of files your company creates each year soaring?
- Are you worried that your required document handling procedures are not being followed?
- Are employees “busy” running around doing trivial task vs. what they were hired to do?
- Do you have too many versions of the same document and don’t know which is the latest?
Components of Enterprise Content Management
- Document Management
- Document Imaging
- Records Management
- Software Integrations
- Business Process Management
You can put in a core enterprise content management system for a small part of your business. As more organizations achieved “pockets” of productivity “wins” with these technologies, it becomes clear that moving more departments throughout the organization to an ECM becomes a no-brainer. Organizations that automated individual departments now begin to envision wider benefits from broader deployment. Think about it, customer service department—where imaging, document management, and workflow could be combined to allow agents to better resolve customer inquiries. Likewise, an accounting department might access supplier invoices, purchase orders, and contracts from a document management system as part of an approval workflow.
If this has left you with more questions than answers, don’t worry. We have a complete (yet quick and easy) analysis process to evaluate how ECM can move your business to the next level.