COPIER LEASE SAVINGS ARE THERE TO BE MADE!
Here’s seven ways to save money on your next copier lease. Some might seem obvious but are overlooked when a copier lease is being considered.
- Figure out the real amount of copies you need make or print. This can be figured out from previous paper usage. Make sure you account for wastage if you had a poorly performing copier to replace – newer copiers are generally better at reducing wastage. Maybe set a target for reduction in usage but leave headroom so you don’t get caught out with a machine that cannot keep up.
- Look for fast copy performance where possible. If you calculate the total annual amount of waiting time that costs you in wages you would be surprised – perhaps horrified in some cases.
- Check out the competition for the copier spec you have in mind – most major copier manufacturers have competing machines which have slight variations in the specs – those variations can make a big difference to efficiency in the office – look for toner replacement cycles, paper storage amounts and copy speed.
- Balance the cost of the consumables against the cost of better quality – if you are not printing color photos, can you get away with using a lower grade of print for other applications? – if so how much does the copier allow you to save on toner by reducing quality and how efficient is the copier at reducing costs this way?
- Compare the lease lengths available – some larger copiers have quite a service lifetime ahead of them and when leasing you are getting technicians to look after them too, so a longer lease term which has lower monthly costs on average throughout the lease can save money.
- Choose carefully between Inkjet and Laser copier/printers. Always go laser to keep consumables costs down. Inkjet printing is heavy on consumables and only suitable in a limited number of applications. The mechanisms are cheaper but soon outweighed by the cost of the ink cartridges which even if self-filled, are expensive to run.
- See if you are able to use your own insurance to cover the machine or whether the lease contract requires insurance directly through the lease company. You may be able to save on leasing costs if you self-insure. Just be certain you get proper coverage.
If you need information about how to get the best copier lease, contact us today and we will guide you through the options and find the best copier lease deals for you!